Monday, December 12, 2016

Baby Showers, False Labor, and Waddles

So I realize that I it has been many many months since these events were current, but I feel like July was yesterday. I dont want to skip over this last trimester to wrap up with a birthing story...but trust me it is coming!

In the meantime here are some highlights!

BABY SHOWERS:

Ok here is the thing. Everyone likes baby showers. They are a million times better than wedding showers. I had a STUNNING baby shower. My sister, Mom, and BFF planned a wonderful and personalized event. Since I was not part of the planning I can only offer my advice as the guest of honor.

1) Have it early. Meaning dont wait until you are a beached whale. I was the perfect level of pregnant. (7 months) I was clearly showing, but I could still stand and move around with ease. I did wear flats but come-on who wouldn't.

2) Get an outfit that highlights your bump. Just do it. Now is the time to splurge. You want to look at those pictures and think YUP that's what pregnant me looks like!

3) Ask for books. My very smart party planners asked for books instead of cards. I LOVED this idea and have a wonderful time putting together a little baby library.

4) Thank people as you go around the room. If you think writing thank you notes is hard after a wedding wait until you're trying to spell at 7 months pregnant. (I can't even spell on a good day.) Let people know you are thankful now so they will forgive you when your Thank Yous are late.

5) Open all your gifts and make a fuss. Seriously, everyone loves baby stuff. I HATE opening gifts in front of people but I promise opening baby gifts is different. The gift below was custom made by my in-laws. I carried it around to each table because it is stunning. (Yes those a pooh ears...we had a theme!)



FALSE LABOR:

Now my family accused me of being a big ol' Diva for not wanting anyone to travel in the month of July. As you may know peak season for me is the summer so I was very stressed and would often find that I had skipped meals or was on my feet for too long. One day I reached the breaking point and had some super fun contractions. In hindsight these were likely Braxton Hicks contraction but I did need to sit with my feet up and drink lots of water. Once I was able to calm down they went away and I slept for a loooong time.

Here is what they don't tell you. 1) you are going to feel like an idiot calling your OB and descibing a sensation that you've never had and don't know how to describe. The most important thing is the interval between contractions. If they are consistent or even worse getting closer together....it could be go time! Mine were super inconsistent and did eventually fade. 2) They are going to scare the heck out of you. Everyone said that Braxton Hicks contractions don't hurt. I am calling BS right now. 3) You will begin to nest like a mad women afterwards.



WADDLES:

The 8th month of pregnancy is just full of discomfort. You don't really sleep anymore and even eating can be uncomfortable since your stomach is shoved up under your ribs. One of my favorite parts of this stage was that my babe would push his bum out and I could clearly feel his little butt cheeks. I could also make him move when ever I wanted by drinking something cold. Below is the last picture while baby was on the inside. I didn't know it at the time but this was the night I would start labor.


No comments:

Post a Comment