Monday, March 23, 2015

Who is Adelyn, and why are you waiting?

What a wonderful question!

The only way to answer this question is to give you a bit of background on myself and my life.

My name is Alyssa and I am a recently married woman in my late 20's. Hubby and I have been busy busy busy trying to expand our little family, which currently consists of Me, Hubby, and little Blake.

Yup, Blake's a dog.

When Hubby and I began the journey to expand our family we were highly optimistic and assumed that a new addition was right around the corner. Let me start off by saying, we are young (30 and under), healthy, and no I don't have PCOS or any other issues that might raise red flags.

After over a year of trying, I began looking for help and advice. What I found was this... unless you are over 30, have PCOS, and/or another fertility issue, there isn't really a good place for advice and especially support. Well, this is that place (hopefully).

So who/what is Adelyn? Adelyn (or Archer, if we have a boy) is what keeps us trying. You may think it's crazy to name the children you don't (or maybe even can't) have, but it really helps get me through all those blood tests, ultra sounds, and drugs that made me bloated, irritable, and hot (Read: Clomid).

So where do we go from here? Well, I hope to back-track a bit into what brought me to this place. The next few entries will be about our "crusade to conception" and all the bumps in the road along the way.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment